Subject: Re: Tripoint rating or classes
Date: Aug 06, 2004 @ 22:45
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

if you are struggling & clambering up to reach a tripoint at the
pinnacle of some tall monument or other object
maybe standing on top of your car or someones shoulders
it isnt necessary nor always possible to get your feet etc on top

but sometimes all you can do is stretch up to the tripoint position
with a single quivering fingertip for your class a

& all else being equal
i think that will usually be the right index finger

& since the sense of touch alone might not suffice for certainty
& you might want to be sure to see what you are doing too
in your moment of truth
the eyeball most likely to make first contact with the fully
extended right arm & index finger is of course the left one

a southpaw or northeye might find just the opposite to be true
i dont know

but in any case i think anyone who takes the trouble to compare
eyeballs will most likely prefer the left one for sighting in general
because it usually sees more deeply if not actually more clearly

http://www.nicolette.dk/borderbase/tpphoto2/086114118.jpg

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman
<mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> why right index finger and left eye (as opposed to
> left finger right eye)?
> And who was the Baltic sitter? I dont think it could
> have been part of GBBE since 3 wet TPs, 1 with
> soldiers and not sure of position, 1 very short
> TPmarker (lat lith belarus).
>
> --- aletheiak <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
>
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Petter Brabec
> > <pete2784west@y...> wrote:

> > objective
> > visits

> > > EXACTLY MEAN HERE?
> >
> > not sure if this is the old query or a request for
> > more specificity
> >
> > by supposedly objective here i mean the endeavor has
> > been to
> > isolate all possible or all major distinct qualities
> > of visits & tries
> > that everyone could recognize as their own
> > & then to combine all these into the truest & most
> > beautiful
> > dartboard bullseye design conception possible
> > such that everyone might appreciate the result
> > enough to
> > specially honor it
> > whether as so much more folk art or as some
> > objective creation
> >
> > but of course we are also aware that
> > owing to the limitations of physical existence
> > everyone sees objective truth to at least some
> > extent subjectively
> > & differently from everyone else
> >
> > so one can never be too gentle or tentative about
> > objectivity
> >
> > & a bonus such extra care & sensitivity pays us
> > is
> > to be able to distinguish & appreciate better all
> > the various
> > subjectivities that may also enter into the
> > discussion
> >
> > but it is all a function of consciously &
> > deliberately seeking the
> > truest available truth at every step of every try

> > abcde
> > scale

> > ok
> > now i realize these were both old queries
> > but i am glad i blundered into adding the above
> >
> > > class a
> > > means
> > > you absolutely got it
> > > & this is normally applied only to marked
> > tripoints
> > > where typically you could put your fingertip on
> > the dimple or
> > > crosshairs or apex that the monument itself uses
> > to represent
> > > the tripoint
> > > or it could also be the precise pinnacle of an
> > unmarked
> > summit
> > > tripoint
> > >

> > > IS SITTING ON THE TOP OF THE MARKED CROSS OF
THE
> > TRIPOINT STONE, LIKE SAY ON THE ARNOLDSTEIN, THE
> > ULTIMATE CLASS A ? MY GUESS IS, MAYBE NOT ENOUGH.
> >
> > hahahahaha
> > the several known tricountry crosses may indeed
> > present the
> > greatest challenges in the world for true
> > trypointers
> >
> > but the beau geste you invent & the body part you
> > choose for
> > attaining your multihood are entirely optional &
> > personal
> >
> > i myself prefer using the heart or lips
> > but the right index finger &or the left eyeball can
> > be equally true
> > especially in combination
> > when scaling a particularly difficult or precarious
> > monument
> >
> > however
> > any skin or even clothed body part at all on the
> > true point means
> > the ne plus ultra of objective absoluteness has been
> > attained
> >
> > beyond that lies personal artistry of course
> > but you are already in the pupil & beam of the bulls
> > eye
> > & there is nowhere left to go
> >

> > i think one well known point sitter has already
> > achieved a degree
> > of penetration tho
> > if that is what you were really wondering &
> > supposing
> > but it was by an obelisk apex
> > somewhere in the baltics
> >
> > this has never been done on top of a cross so far as
> > i know
> > & probably shouldnt be undertaken until at least a
> > modicum of
> > levitation skills have been attained
> >
> > > class b
> > > means
> > > you have basically been there as best as could be
> > > & this is normally applied only to unmarked points
> > > where the range of possible precision does vary
> > > but it presupposes the same maximum diligence as
> > class a
> > >

> > > class c
> > > means
> > > you got close enough to actually see the tripoint
> > > or else to clearly visualize the tripoint location
> > >

> > > HERE YOU OBVIOUSLY MEAN WITH YOUR OWN EYES IN
> > THE TERRAIN, RIGHT?
> >
> > yes
> >
> > of course we are always doing this here with our
> > minds eyes too
> > but these are virtual tries
> > so we havent been counting them the same way
> >
> > > class d
> > > means
> > > you got a distant glimpse
> > > & only a general sense of the location
> > >
> > > class e
> > > means
> > > you earnestly tried but your objective completely
> > eluded you
> > > & for whatever reason & at whatever distance
> > > you never even saw the exact tripoint location
> > >

> > > THESE WET TRIPOINTS COULD BE VISUALIZED BY
USING
> > LASERGADGETS. SAY THIS ATCHLTN TRIPOINT LOCATED
ON
> > RHEIN RIVER. GET YOUR LASERS READY, GET THREE
GUYS
> > IN THE POSITION BY THE WITNESSMARKERS ON THE
> > RHEIN'S SHORES AND BEAM. THEN YOU´LL GET
YOURSELF
> > FAIRLY GOOD PICTURE OF WHERE EXACTEMENT THIS
> > TRIPOINT IS LOCATED. THEN, WHILE BEAMING,
EVERYONE
> > CAN GET INTO THEIR CANOE AND PADDLE STRAIGHT AT
THE
> > INTERSECTION OF BEAMS! PERHAPS THEN YOU CAN
SAY, "I