Subject: search & enjoy
Date: Aug 06, 2004 @ 16:24
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Petter Brabec
<pete2784west@y...> wrote:
> Perhaps a very obvious answer, but I would like to know how
you get the number of the message with the topic others are
quering about? I mean, I myself have asked many questions that
have been already discussed in the group in previous years or
months? So, how do you do it?

good question & not so obvious

first
the easy but unreliable way

just type boundarypoint & your chosen topic at google

using the correct hexaglyph usually helps

& you will usually get at least something quickly that way

which also often leads to something else
etc

but if that fails to satisfy you
then you need to resort to the engine at the top of the bp
message board

this is quite easy & effective
especially for 1word searches
& if you are just trying to get back to a recent message

but you will have to keep repumping the engine to work your way
back very far

which however is no problem with a high speed connection

even pumping a topic all the way back to message 1 only takes a
few minutes that way
& is a small price to pay for anyone who really wants the info

but of course it helps to have some recollection of the entire
message bank & where any particular tidbit fits in chronologically
so you can narrow your search immediately to a certain most
probable message range

this is easier for oldtimers & difficult to play catch up in any case
but i can tell you it is definitely worthwhile
to at least skim & get a sense of the total body of play
which is truly staggering

it is possible to beam up & race thru 30 or maybe 100
messages at a time if that helps

but as a rule i would say
if a multipointing topic could be thought of
it probably already has been discussed here to some extent
so you will probably always find something to build on
if you seek earnestly enough

but on the other hand just ask & it will also be opened unto you
as you see
for it is such fun to find & serve the truth as much as possible

so it is very likely that anyone who can will hasten to assist you

end insert

http://www.grenspalen.nl/archief/baarle-map%20met%20enclav