Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Baarle is wonderfull
Date: Aug 06, 2004 @ 12:31
Author: Petter Brabec (=?iso-8859-1?q?Petter=20Brabec?= <pete2784west@...>)

Perhaps a very obvious answer, but I would like to know how you get the number of the message with the topic others are quering about? I mean, I myself have asked many questions that have been already discussed in the group in previous years or months? So, how do you do it?

Petter

aletheiak <aletheiak@...> wrote:
--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman
<mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> I believe the only instance of an enclave in an
> enclave in an enclave is in Cooch-Behar.

correct & well established

& see message 2221 for the next best thing

Eef has a
> complete set of maps on his site at
> http://www.grenspalen.nl/archief/index.html
> I see 7 NL enclaves in BE enclaves in NL.  These are
> N1 through N6 inside of H1, and N7 inside of H8 (with
> H1 and H8 in NL mainland).  So 7 times we have
> NL->BE->NL but no BE inside of these.
>
> --- Jesper Nielsen <jesniel@i...> wrote:
>
> > On http://ontology.buffalo.edu/smith/baarle.htm it
> > says under the 1843 section: "Most of them lie about
> > five km beyond the Belgian border, but there is also
> > a small enclave of Baarle-Nassau inside Belgium and
> > even a Belgian parcel within a Dutch parcel within a
> > Belgian enclave surrounded by Dutch territory. This
> > bizarre situation has obviously led to a number of
> > difficulties - hence the repeated attempts at
> > normalization."
> >
> > Does the BE->NL->BE->NL still excist, and if so
> > where is it?
> >
> > and does anybody have a good map of the remote
> > enclaves on this map (the westernmost three ones)?
> > http://ontology.buffalo.edu/smith/baarle/baarle.gif
> >
> > Jesper

http://www.grenspalen.nl/archief/baarle-map%20met%20enclav
e-aanduidingen-center.jpg