Subject: Re: ME-NB-QC
Date: Aug 03, 2004 @ 16:11
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman
<mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> Ah so they did freeze the boundaries on CA-US - very
> interesting, I didn't realize that. So there are
> probably quite a few of these places where pieces of
> CA or US are separated from the rest of the country by
> rivers.

a great many islands to be sure

plus probably not quite so many of what you have just shown &
called pene enclaves

but these are generally or only on smaller streams in remote
areas

the only major example of such a headland separation as you
are describing here
whether in terms of multipointing or possibly any other terms
is
saint regis of nyonqc
where the entire st lawrence seaway is the intervening stream

nor was any avulsion nor any accretion even remotely involved in
this case

topologically
st regis is the identical twin of point roberts

only unlike bob
regis is on the non49th parallel portion of caus

& for further contradistinction
on the nonmaritime portion too

so regis & bobby are good counterparts in many ways

but st regis has a more noticeable point than point roberts
or than any of the other quasiclaves you are pointing to here

so funny how comparatively overlooked this true bp hot spot has
been so far too

last of the mohawks so to say

but francois seems to be working his way toward & up the river

so i am definitely staying tuned here