Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ME-NB-QC
Date: Aug 03, 2004 @ 03:43
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

Yep, I know mapquest is not authoritative, but I
didn't think it would have depicted an entire island
that isn't there. It depicts the tripoint on the
shore of this island (obviously placing CA-US off the
thalweg). But there is precedence for CA-US not
following the thalweg of this river a little further
downstream. Note the several pene-enclaves of Canada
on the US side of the river: (size should be medium)

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=19&n=5227262&e=505094&s=50&size=m&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=19&n=5238603.00017414

http://ns36.super-hosts.com/~bjbsoftware.com/corners/pointdet