Subject: Re: Visit to BCIDWA (and 49N 117W)
Date: Jul 27, 2004 @ 16:11
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

ok
it is an even better conundrum now that i presumably have the
right data
again

& only part of the difficulty lies in how many significant digits to
trust from each source

but trusting only the fewest & most reliable decimal places
the data on the tablet do place the 1909 disk something on the
order of 3 meters south of true caus

risking an additional decimal place
the gap shrinks to something on the order of 2 meters

so there is reason to believe the supposedly authoritative 1909
bcidwa disk stands 2 or 3 meters south of true bcidwa

& yikes again
for that is a third or a half of the full width of the clearcut

& your visuals
on the other hand
particularly 7 & 13 & 14
seem to show the bcidwa marker either perfectly on caus
if we can trust the clearcut edges as being uniformly true
which of course we cant
or
if anything
they appear to place this marker a tad north of true caus
rather than any distance south of it at all

so there is also contrary if weaker reason to believe the
geocoords are still insufficiently accurate

& your gps accuracy range of 5 meters wont help resolve this
apparent contradiction

but there is something in your experience that might resolve it

would you happen to have an unpublished photo like number 8
but taken from directly behind the obelisk apex at close range
including the clearcut down thru bcidwa & up to the horizon

or regardless of whether you made such a photo
do you recall trying to eyeball all 3 markers at once in this way
& what you saw when you did

probably just an overgrown clearcut & nothing else
i realize
but that is the only question i can think of pursuing at this point
to more nearly pinpoint true bcidwa & upgrade the validation

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"
<aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> never mind
>
> i figured out what was wrong
>
> the correct monument numbers are 194 & 195
> not 195 & 196
> dohhh
>
> back to the cruncher & i will report in again with real findings
> asap
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"
> <aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Patton