Subject: Re: Re; Map sites (ATCHFLN)
Date: Jul 21, 2004 @ 00:45
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> See my insertions below.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

ISO
> abbreviations were the Boundary Point standard for
abbreviating boundaries and
> tripoints.

yes i am sure this was deliberately slightly strange bp behavior
by jesper
since he recognizes atchlin & atchlis elsewhere

& thank goodness for his freakish deviancy
& for all individuality everywhere

if people care
they will immediately or eventually get the right idea anyway
no matter how you spell it

it seems the only downside of nonconformity is that when
someone searches for this latest eruption of critical input
using the term atchlin alone
they may not immediately find all of jespers goods

they will have to let their wits do some of the walking
rather than just their fingers
& will have to search the message board backwards from the
present message
where atchlin has finally been mentioned by name again
after a dozen messages about it that only say atchfln

end inserts

of course i was only kidding about all the rest

you take yourself so seriously for this place

> > jesper knows li is also for liechtenstein
> > but he is just getting into character with the locality
> >
> > as they say
> > when in liechtenstein do as the liechtenstinians
> >

> > but why are you using usa
> >
> > i assume you refer to the united states
> > but iso 3166 says thats us
>
> When I abbreviate a boundary (such as MXUS or CAUS) I use
"US" per the ISO,
> however, when abbreviating the name of my country, I
abbreviate all of it for
> the sake of completeness. It's the same reason that made
USSR/CCCP, FRG, GDR,
> ROC, and PRC well known as abbreviations for countries with
wordy names.
> Besides, ours are not the only united states. There are others:
Estados Unidos
> Mexicanos, for instance.
>
> > also
> > as your fellow ussian or usavian or whatever it is we are
> > why do you keep attracting all this gratuitous attention to our
> > motherland the usa every time you post
>
> I send quite a number of international e-mails every day, only a
few in Boundary
> Point. I also manage a large e-mail group with members in 22
countries. I
> encourage them to let us know where they are when they post.
For these reasons,

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166