Subject: Re: Info re BCIDWA and BCIDMT tripoints
Date: Jul 17, 2004 @ 22:29
Author: Dave Patton [DCP] ("Dave Patton [DCP]" <dpatton@...>)

At 01:06 AM 2004/07/10, BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:48:00 -0000
> From: "aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>
>Subject: Re: Info re BCIDWA and BCIDMT tripoints
>
>& 2 more ahas
>but re bcidmt this time
>
>for again on closer examination of bus&ss
>all 92 markers of the original 1898 survey of northernmost idmt
>also prove to have been documented in their own usgs bulletin
>
>namely number 170 dated 1900 in this case
>
>so you might bag both bulletins on a single trip to the library
>
>however
>this one may not be so useful for bcidmt as the previously
>mentioned number 466 promises to be for bcidwa

Here is some info, direct from someone I know at the USGS:

Both items are out-of-print. You might arrange for an interlibrary loan
between your local public/university library and the USGS Library. If the
local library isn't aware of the procedure, they should call 303-236-1000
and discuss the arrangement.

No online link at these sites:

http://geopubs.wr.usgs.gov/
http://pubs.usgs.gov/products/books/
http://cpg.cr.usgs.gov/pub/publications.html

Nothing on GOOGLE.

Here are five retailers of out-of-print, hard-to-find technical
publications.

http://www.woodenski.com/
http://www.bookfinder.com/
http://www.geosciencebooks.com/
http://www.mtedenbooks.com/
http://www.alibris.com/

The AGI's Document Delivery Service has a working arrangement with the
Reston USGS Library that allows them to copy archived material:

http://www.agiweb.org/georef/dds.html

P.S.
More to come in about a week, when I get my pictures
developed, but I've successfully visited BCIDWA :-)

--
Dave Patton
http://www.confluence.org/