Subject: Re: Boundary quote
Date: Jul 14, 2004 @ 18:11
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I knew that the quote was from THE SACRED AND THE PROFANE. So did
my professor,
> who (for his expertise in the resolution of boundary issues) was
the first
> geographer ever appointed to the American Academy of Forensic
Science.

wow lowell i am really glad for you both &

> For one who can go on for dozens of lines about the
multidimensionality of
> punctiliousness transcending reality (or some such), I thought that
you might
> have enjoyed this quote. I'm sorry if I misjudged. :-)

no need to be sorry

nor silly about any such

for of course i enjoyed it

as i do all your ridiculous pronouncements

but it is the multipointing alone that effects the break in
geopolitical space
& indeed sacralizes its profanity
by honoring
not a restrictive sovereignty
but the multiple sovereignty that exists only at certain points

& by simultaneously honoring the equal divinity of the pointer seeker

all in one
all at once

& thus transcending even multidimensionality
by celebrating totality

& of course i am glad your professor & you have given us the
opportunity to see this & point it out
by your hilarious misrepresentation of eliade

but please
really read the book
before continuing to run on about its value to us

it is of potentially enormous value to us