Subject: Re: Boundary quote
Date: Jul 15, 2004 @ 17:03
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

or just check out a synopsis for starters
http://www.csun.edu/~rcummings/sacred.html
great stuff for anyone wondering what we might really be effecting
allowing constituting & revealing here at bp
in our quest for certain very specially qualified fixed points
& some pretty broad hints about why this unique & otherwise
inexplicable activity of ours can be so meaningful exhilarating &
fulfilling

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>
wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
> <mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> > Mike,
> >
> > I knew that the quote was from THE SACRED AND THE PROFANE. So
did
> my professor,
> > who (for his expertise in the resolution of boundary issues) was
> the first
> > geographer ever appointed to the American Academy of Forensic
> Science.
>
> wow lowell i am really glad for you both &
>
> > For one who can go on for dozens of lines about the
> multidimensionality of
> > punctiliousness transcending reality (or some such), I thought
that
> you might
> > have enjoyed this quote. I'm sorry if I misjudged. :-)
>
> no need to be sorry
>
> nor silly about any such
>
> for of course i enjoyed it
>
> as i do all your ridiculous pronouncements
>
> but it is the multipointing alone that effects the break in
> geopolitical space
> & indeed sacralizes its profanity
> by honoring
> not a restrictive sovereignty
> but the multiple sovereignty that exists only at certain points
>
> & by simultaneously honoring the equal divinity of the pointer
seeker

> all in one
> all at once
>
> & thus transcending even multidimensionality
> by celebrating totality
>
> & of course i am glad your professor & you have given us the
> opportunity to see this & point it out
> by your hilarious misrepresentation of eliade
>
> but please
> really read the book
> before continuing to run on about its value to us
>
> it is of potentially enormous value to us
>
> > What it says about sacred space is equally applicable to the
> physical space of
> > the state. Therefore, it has some value for those here who
might
> not have
> > already known it as well as you do.
> >
> > Lowell G. McManus