Subject: Re: Baarle: Latest
Date: Jul 13, 2004 @ 15:59
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

right
& that is one of the presumably common situations i anticipated

but a stamp map of say cabinda alone
without showing the rest of angola
if such a purely exclave oriented stamp even exists in that case
would more nearly complement your nakhichevan & karki find
which is unusual because it doesnt show the rest of azerbaijan

but yikes i just realized
there are probably lots of stamp maps of alaska alone too
& who knows what other not so cute ones
like maybe kaliningrad alone i would also guess
etc etc

so maybe this collection isnt going to be quite so unusual or so
cute as i had originally imagined anyway

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "chris schulz"
<23568@g...> wrote:
> hi,
> yes, here is a stamp from lens collection, showing cabinda
> http://exclave.info/Current/Cabinda/CabindaOnaStamp.jpg
>
> regards, chris

on
> maps
> especially enclaves
>
> so clave map stamps in general might not be so exciting
>

> & there are probably many stamps showing exclaves on
maps
> too
> since even tiny maps of whole countries generally do include
> their largest & most obvious exclaves
>
> like i am sure it wouldnt be hard to find a stamp map of
angola
> including cabinda
> http://exclave.info/Current/Cabinda/CabindaOnaStamp.jpg
> or of the usa with alaska
> etc
> etc
>
> so even exclave map stamps in general might not be so
exciting

> but how many more exclave map stamps could there be that
are
> expressly devoted to featuring the exclaves themselves alone
> whether individually or jointly as in this case
> without even taking notice of their metropole countries at large
>
> this must be quite a small collection indeed
> of which you may well have already provided the leading &
most

http://www.home.pages.at/maxifant/Frames/nachitschewan.jpg
> > it shows the exklave of nachitschewan and the enclave of
karki.
> > compare this with
> http://www.home.pages.at/maxifant/Frames/armenia.gif
> >
> > so if i counted right, there are three tripoints, although they
are
> not shown.
> >
> > regards, chris

post