Subject: world class border arc census was Re: real bjneng try afoot
Date: Jul 13, 2004 @ 15:27
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

as mentioned
i couldnt be sure
& on closer examination i still cant
because the text occasionally varies its formulaic description of
the arcs from one example to the next
& evidently incorporates several geometric conundrums as well

what i can see is
there are in all 13 different arcs mentioned
in a total of 15 different numbered paragraphs
including your mentioned 10 paragraphs plus 36 49 54 58 & 59

which may or may not add to your count of 10 border arcs

i agree there could be as few as 10 arcs that the bjng border
actually follows

but in any case
i dont see why they would even have been mentioned if the
border isnt supposed to follow them

can you perhaps positively dispose of any or all 3 odd men out
from the mentioned 13

just to keep track
we have in sequence the following 13 villages as centers
with radii in km

okuta 8 & a half
guri 4
yashikira 8
grand bete 4
kenumbe 4
besi 8
gauzhi 3 & a half
lusi 3 & a half
naganzi 4
kade 4
kankali 5
gusin sura 4
daku 5

& about your map
i dont know what the mapmaker was doing or showing there

perhaps a temporary question or situation during wwii

i think modern dztn is the dash & dot line
not the black dash dash line

& of course the other convergents
lytn & dzly
are shown by the crosses

& i cant account for any of the other lines
but assume they are irrelevant to finding the tripoint

the only presently outstanding question i am aware of in this
vicinity is probably too small to be shown on this map
namely whether dztn meets the arc at its northeast terminal
or subdivides the arc 2km counterclockwise from there
http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm#d
zlytn

so as i understand it
only 2 possible tripoint positions are on this arc

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs1

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs2.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS091.pdf