Subject: Re: SAOMYE demarcated?
Date: Jul 04, 2004 @ 12:16
Author: Joachim Duester ("Joachim Duester" <jduester@...>)

If I remember correctly, the Oman's treaty with Saudi-Arabia on their
common border dates back to 1990 while the OMN-YEM treaty was
concluded in 1992 and is documented in
http://www.un.org/Depts/los/LEGISLATIONANDTREATIES/STATEFILES/OMN.htm

The YEM-SAU border agreement was in 2000.

Does anyone have a source and a date for the OMN-SAU agreement?

An can anyone explain why so many sources - both in the Internet and
in pronted atlases - still state wrongly that the OMN-SAU, OMN-ARE,
YEM-SAU boundaries are "undefined" ? Even in recent BBC World TV
broadcasts, they were showing outdated maps of the YEM-SAU boundaries.
It seems no one really cares to abandon old clichées about undefined
boundaries or to take into account the various agreements concluded
over the past 30 years. Even in official German maps I see UAE
bordering Qatar as if there were no Saudi corridor near Khor Ubaid.
Very annoying for tourists trying to travel overland from Abu Dhabi to
Doha without a valid Saudi visa ...

Joachim

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
wrote:
> From the German survey company "For the Main Border Point defining
the "dreilendereck" I can tell you, that there was first the end of
the border Saudi-Oman, which has been accecpted as starting point of
the border Oman - Yemen. Since Saudi Arabia and Yemen already had one
commen Border Point, this Border Point was then starting point of the
third border."