Subject: Re: real bjneng try afoot
Date: Jul 01, 2004 @ 14:26
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman
<mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> Other 1st order arcs: MXUS Rio Grande, probably ITVA,
> and maybe DZLY near DZLYTN.

right & i think very probably at least 2 dzly arcs
including the one incorporating dzlytn
rather than just near dzlytn
per message 13466 &
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS001.pdf
tho the newfound libyan detail map in message 14450 distorts it
grotesquely

plus this one you may also recall
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs1
b.php

> I think there were more
> (maybe involving Niger) but could not find the
> messages.

yes
again not visible on the map in message 14450
but here is that golden oldie straight from the state department
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs2.
php
evidently vague
yet possibly the worlds largest border arc radius
if we could ever learn the center point

but i dont think anyone actually knows it
because it doesnt appear to have ever been established
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS002.pdf

but as you say
this scraggly handful of motley arcs is evidently all she previously
wrote

so it is quite remarkable & exciting to stumble upon a whole
fresh dozen

> And shouldn't it be East longitude, not West in

http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm#b
jneng

of course
& tho i dont believe this blunder can even be corrected but must
glower thru all eternity
dont blame brownlie or jesper for it

& as for me
i did promise to be wild there

but in any case grant has subsequently zeroed in on the
geocoordinates of all the african tripoints
& indeed of all the tripoints in the world iirc
with far greater accuracy & precision than brownlie in 1979 or
myself in 2000

so just be aware we do have all that on file too
in case it is ever wanted in whole or in part

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS091.pdf