Subject: Re: real bjneng try afoot
Date: Jul 01, 2004 @ 21:07
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

& just to try for completeness
it looks like there may be yet another border arc
on neng not far from bjneng
with a radius of 100 miles
so probably the largest such on earth
but of unknown curvature length
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS093.pdf

supposedly it is centered on sokoto
but is still not obvious at this scale
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/africa/niger_2000_pol.jpg

in fact i am in process of reviewing all the old borders between
british & french spheres of influence of the same approximate
period
where still other arcs might almost be expected to be lurking
on stylistic grounds alone

but even so
& even counting itva as 5 distinct curves
as i believe is technically correct
rather than only 1 or 3
i believe i may still hope to count all the border arcs in the world
on my fingers & toes alone

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS001.pdf

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs1

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/maps/bs2.

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS002.pdf

> but as you say
> this scraggly handful of motley arcs is evidently all she
previously

http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm#b

http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS091.pdf