Subject: Re:ALMKYU
Date: Jun 26, 2004 @ 17:07
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

titled above & appended below is message 8599 of 10jan03
from our resident macedonian border official
& therefore as authoritative an opinion as can be

& tho the name of the point has since been changed to alcsmk
i just realized its location can definitely be identified on this map
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:8085/albania/50k/11-34-78-1.jpg
where marker number 24 is shown at the 2095m summit point

of course the 1991 mkyu &now csmk border convergent isnt
shown at all on this old soviet map

the name of the peak looks like maybe
keudya e prufmum

& the structure on it
evidently one in a series of guard posts
all similarly labeled
noar nosm
looks like maybe
noar nosm sheruna
in this case

& of course please overlook or better yet correct my cyrillic

elsewhere the word or abbreviation nosm seems to indicate a
monitor or watch or gauge etc

see for example item 207 at
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/pdf/soviet.pdf
an interesting side trip in itself btw

so anyway
maybe
right next to the old alyu marker 24 will be found the ruins of one
in a string of old yugo lookout posts

but anyone please help
if you can confirm or correct the name of that mountain
or anything else

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Mile Milenkoski"