Subject: Re: tripoints mentioned in the news
Date: Jun 23, 2004 @ 02:30
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

youre welcome
& i think the difficulty in googling even any faint references to this
book must be owing to the fact that it & they are all in chinese

but somewhere i have gotten the impression that the book gets
revised & reissued every spring

also moe chinlander actually landed this official chinese website
fix for us in real time
in message 11923
tho the link to it has since expired

it was especially exciting for being the first such border tweak
ever made in cyberspace

i believe the expired link did indicate that both the site & the book
are country based & may well have a good deal in common

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "geoh88"
<geoh88@y...> wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up regarding World Affairs Yearbook of
China.

> It certainly may be possible that it has what I was asking about
in
> message 14332, but I googled that name and all it returns is a
lot
> of press articles similar to your hotlink, all hot and bothered
> about Sikkim. There was similar excitement not long ago when
China
> removed Sikkim as an independent nation-state from its
official
> website.
>
> I suspect that this Yearbook would not have the "Factbook" and
ISO
> 3166 type non-hierarchical alphabetical listing of "countries",
but
> who knows? A search of China's official government website
reveals
> press releases announcing the upcoming publication, but
nothing more

<aletheiak@y...>