Subject: Re: tripoints mentioned in the news
Date: Jun 23, 2004 @ 18:42
Author: geoh88 ("geoh88" <geoh88@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>
wrote:
> youre welcome
> & i think the difficulty in googling even any faint references to
this
> book must be owing to the fact that it & they are all in chinese
>
> but somewhere i have gotten the impression that the book gets
> revised & reissued every spring
>
> also moe chinlander actually landed this official chinese website
> fix for us in real time
> in message 11923
> tho the link to it has since expired
>
> it was especially exciting for being the first such border tweak
> ever made in cyberspace
>
> i believe the expired link did indicate that both the site & the
book
> are country based & may well have a good deal in common

Currently working link to the multi-lingual site of the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China

http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/gjhdq/

At the Countries and Regions page, the only "countries" listed which
are not UN members are Palestine and Cook Islands (if I didn't miss
any in my quick scan). My search continues to be for listings of
the more expansive variety.

Also, the Chinese seem to devote a lot of resources to making things
available in other principal languages, especially English, so maybe
they'll make an online translation of this Yearbook too.