Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Gibraltar
Date: Jun 10, 2004 @ 16:32
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Kevin,

I agree completely that what is integral or not in various countries is for the
various countries to determine. Let each make it's own rules. That is why we
have various countries!

I would argue that, among USA dependencies, only uninhabited Palmyra rises to
the level of the District of Columbia as an integral (permanently inalienable)
part of the USA.

The page at http://www.doi.gov/oia/Islandpages/political_types.htm goes a long
way toward explaining the distinctions between various types of US dependencies.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA