Subject: Re: AT-DE divided mine - deepest boundary marker?
Date: May 28, 2004 @ 19:18
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

thanx
these were all peak experiences for me too

i believe we may have visited the highest tricountry point recently

was it cninnpe
on jonsang peak
at 24500 feet
in early spring

& of course there are many tripoints at sea level
tho perhaps we can still hope for one below sea level on dry land
or may be inspired to check & compare the bottoms of all the wet
ones
where your question could take on additional new life

& er
about the ends of the earth
i am also glad you asked

when i ordered them from north carolina on overnight delivery
likewise in the early spring
& they failed to arrive here on cream hill for several days
i phoned the warehouse & learned only then that not one but
both of these maps had to be back ordered
& indeed had to be fetched by separate camel trains from
opposite ends not just of the earth but of the third world

in fact from somewhere deep in the governments of ecuador &
sumatra

which i figure must be the next best things to the actual ends of
the earth themselves
& therefore entirely appropriate to such auspicious culmination

so happily that is what is taking so long

once they finally reach north carolina they will be here almost in
no time

when i phoned to inquire
the people guessed it would take 4 more weeks
but we are now 6 additional weeks beyond that

however
since they have my visa card number & expiration date
i gotta figure they all really want to make this sale & are moving
at the speed of business
however they may actually see that locally

of course for me this means the excitement only grows

i stopped mentioning it in case not everyone here was so
gassed up about this

but thanx for staying tuned
& know the long drumroll & flourish continue to build

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman