Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: AT-DE divided mine - deepest boundary marker?
Date: May 28, 2004 @ 19:56
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Until and unless the Palestinians acquire statehood, the Dead Sea is out of the
running for the lowest tripoint, because only two sovereignties are involved.
That would seem to leave the honor to ILJOSY (Israel-Jordan-Syria)--assuming
that the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights are ascribed de jure to Syria. I don't
know the precise elevation of the tripoint, but the nearby Sea of Galilee
is -689 feet (-210 meters). Unless the tripoint is significantly higher than
the sea, this should trump the several tripoints in the Caspian Sea at -92 feet
(-28 meters).

These elevations are from the National Geographic Society, 1981.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA