Subject: Re: vatican tidbit
Date: Apr 17, 2004 @ 07:58
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Ernst Stavro Blofeld
<blofeld_es@y...> wrote:
> > & i am a little intrigued about a crazy looking
> > peneclave feature
> > called the passetto
>
> Yes, this is the feature I was referring to. As you
> are no doubt aware the passetto is a kind of airy
> covered and arched not-so-secret passageway that
> connects the va building complex north of St Peter,
> including the Sistine Chapel, with Castel St Angelo
> some distance to the east.

thanx
very nice on both of us
& of course it is a divided structure only because there is no way
of not dividing it

as for the other divided structure candidate
the audiuence hall
i have read up on the account of it by tullio aebischer
so i can certainly see & appreciate where you are coming from

but then dont you think that the official vatican map is deliberately
misleading in depicting these extraterritorial areas as tho they
were vatican city territory

> And inside the passetto, as I think your other message
> on the matter shows (although the link does not work
> for me), there is an international itva border.

oops
the message 13990 link is working for me now