Subject: Re: land use in Baarle
Date: Apr 12, 2004 @ 18:32
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

welcome back
& i figured your silence meant you were afield too
but yikes
does this mean you bring a fresh try for the baarle border cross

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> I actually travelled through Castelre last week.
>
> My wife got the idea of taking an Easter Holiday to Benelux and
Paris.

> We did all borders with BE NL and LU and even revisted
DEFRLU+Baarle.

> More reports later.
>
> Jesper

Belgium-Netherlands boundary treaty, which shows a small
rectification of the main boundary between Castelre and Wortel
(Baarle-Nassau & Belgium).(nothing to do with the enclaves, just
a realignment of the boundary so it follows roads rather than
leving two tiny plots beside a road to the country on the opposite
side of that road)

> The plots of land have a description of land use attached to
them. Most I can translate but one eludes me.

> terre labouree = worked/tilled/ploughed land (land under
cultivation?)
> sapins = fir trees
> taillis= copse/coppice/thicket
> bruyere= heath/heather
> jardin = garden
>
> but can anyone translate "Bois de cheue"? There is what
appears to be a circumflex (^) over the first e in cheue. And as the
'c' is lowercase, it is definitely not a placename. I'm guessing its
a particular type of tree?