Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Gorizia, Italy - Nova Gorica, Slovenia
Date: Mar 30, 2004 @ 14:01
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <knm@...>)

>then for example how do the present schengen group prevent dutch legal
>weed from reaching the nondutch area of schengen

With difficulty... hence all the complaints from the countries with, how
shall we say, less enlightened attitudes ;-)

In theory, Schengen countries can temporarily reimpose border controls
under certain conditions (e.g. prevention of drug trafficking), but I've
only heard of this happening on a handful of occasions. Even then, the
minor crossing points are unlikely to be policed.

In addition, random checks can be made on the blue customs channels for
prohibited or restricted goods. However, I've *never* seen this happen in
the 300+ times I've used them.

>one just doesnt smoke weed in public outside the netherlands

It depends where you are in the Netherlands. Some municipalities are more
liberal about this than others.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell