Subject: Re: Gorizia, Italy - Nova Gorica, Slovenia
Date: Mar 30, 2004 @ 01:37
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell
<knm@m...> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> >which tricountry points of europe are already visitable
> >or will become visitable in 2004
> >by an american tourist
> >without undergoing any border inspection or examination
> >beyond the initial scrutiny on arrival in europe
>
> I'll leave it to the cataloguers to give you the definitive list of
> tripoints, but the Schengen countries will for now remain
Austria, Belgium,
> Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Germany, Iceland, Italy,
Luxembourg,
> Netherlands, Norway (excluding Svalbard), Portugal, Spain,
Sweden.
> Switzerland is currently negotiating to join, but I'm not sure a
date has
> yet been set.

ok but no matter because even so
it appears there are already 23 tricountry points situated either
fully within or at the margins of the existing schengen group

& more below

> >is there a projected date yet for it to become the case
>
> No. The Accession States must implement the Schengen
principles, but
> internal border controls will not be dismantled until all the
existing
> Schengen countries agree the requirements have been met. I
guess it could
> be as late as 2011 before all the new countries join the
Schengen area.

therefore
apparently
at some time between the previously mentioned 2007 date for
further partial integration of the 2004 accession states
& your 2011 guess for their full integration
the growing schengen group will reach 13 more tricountry points
to produce a foreseeable total of 36 tricountry points visitable
under the prescribed conditions

& whenever the 2007 accession states also become fully
integrated
4 additional tricountry points will become similarly visitable
for a foreseeable ultimate schengen grand total of 40

& 1 more question below

> >do you mean they dont even look you over or profile you at all
but just
> >assume you arent smuggling or otherwise undesirable &
they simply let you
> >show your papers & watch you go all essentially automatically
>
> There is no need for customs controls, simply because the EU
and EEA forms
> a single customs area (excluding certain overseas territories).

then for example
how do the present schengen group prevent dutch legal weed
from reaching the nondutch area of schengen
etc

apparently the nondutch members are helpless to stop such
contraband from reaching them

so isnt a bag of weed procured legally in holland therefore
practically as good as legal anywhere in the schengen area
provided one doesnt do anything gratuitously stupid
to alert or arouse the local authorities

much like just not smoking tobacco in public in ireland now

one just doesnt smoke weed in public outside the netherlands

is that it

this of course is the nitty gritty of my question