Subject: Re: gwadar
Date: Mar 30, 2004 @ 16:19
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, bwhyte@u... wrote:
> The Omanis owned the peninsula, but the boundary between
British Baluchistan and Omani Gwadar was never defined, as
it's all desert inland.
> The Sultan did not choose to sell it to Pakistan over the USSR
etc as suggested on this list... rather he had to be persuaded to.
I went through some files at the PRO in London.
> Recall that although independent in 1947, Pakistan did not
adopt its republican constitution until 1956. Until then it was a
monarchy like Austrlia and NZ and Canada are now, with a
governor general.
> The sultan felt that as such, he should be negotiating with the
Brits not the Pakistanis. The Brits said, 'no, speak to the Pakis'.
The Pakis said 'speak to us', the sultan said' but you're not fully
independent yet, I must speak to the Brits'.
> And around it went, until either the Pakis became republican or
the Brits finally persuaded the Sultan he was wrong...

> Exactly why he sold it (did he want to get rid of it? did the Pakis
put pressure on him to cede this 'enclave' as the Indians did on
Portugal over Goa?), I haven't ascertained. It would make a good
topic of investigation... if you can get into hte Paki archives in
Karachi or Islamabad...

<1080568510.480.22494.m12@yahoogroups.com>
BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
> writes:
> >
> > There are 19 messages in this issue.
> >
> > Topics in this digest:
> >
> > 1. Re: first myth border monument found
> > From: "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
> > 2. Two suggestions for a better forum
> > From: "Dave Patton [DCP]" <dpatton@c...>
> > 3. New island surfaced in disputed border area with
Ukraine
> > From: Artur Kroc <kroc@i...>
> > 4. Re: Two suggestions for a better forum
> > From: "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
> > 5. Re: Two suggestions for a better forum
> > From: "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
> > 6. Re: Czech stones of all kinds
> > From: "Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@y...>
> > 7. caus declared neglected & ibc tiny & overwhelmed
> > From: "m donner" <maxivan82@h...>
> > 8. New Subject - Gwadur
> > From: "L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@c...>
> > 9. Re: New Subject - Gwadur
> > From: "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>
> > 10. CA-US Boundary Maintenance Problems
> > From: Doug Murray <doug@d...>
> > 11. Re: first myth border monument found
> > From: "Michael Kaufman" <mikekaufman79@y...>
> > 12. Re: Re: first myth border monument found
> > From: "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>
> > 13. Re: Re: first myth border monument found
> > From: Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@y...>
> > 14. Re: New Subject - Gwadur
> > From: "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
> > 15. Re: first myth border monument found
> > From: "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
> > 16. Re: New Subject - Gwadur
> > From: "chris schulz" <23568@g...>
> > 17. oz timor gas squeeze a done deal but for the roaring
> > From: "m donner" <maxivan82@h...>
> > 18. Re: New Subject - Gwadur
> > From: "Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@m...>
> > 19. Re: Gorizia, Italy - Nova Gorica, Slovenia
> > From: "Artur Kroc" <kroc@i...>

gwadar often asks a net for a dawg

> > Message: 4
> > Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:57:38 -0000
> > From: "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
> > Subject: Re: Two suggestions for a better forum
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Patton
[DCP]"

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.culture.discuss.boundary-point
> > since they usually do arrive there & often faster than email
> >
> > & also
> > being still in your position
> > that you protect yourself from the wealth of detail that our
> > esteemed colleague m06079 often feels it is essential to
> > include for full & immediate access to total context in matters
of
> > trypointing
> > which was after all the original focal topic of our group
> > you can likewise take matters into your own hands there also
by
> > shifting over to web access in that case
> > whenever the load of his necessary detail burgeons to
burden
> > you so greatly as this
> >
> > & moreover once you are there you can entirely skip his
offerings
> > or those of anyone else who waxes longer than you like
> >
> > as for now
> > i cannot bring myself to cut another word
> > least of all any of that danish at the end of message 1
> > if thats all you meant
> > since i confess i dont understand it
> > but respect it enough not to clip it
> >
> > so cheers to all
> > & end insertion
> >
> > , where I wanted to read message #2,
> > > and count how many times you have to "page down" to
scroll
> > > down to find message #2.
> > >
> > > 2)
> > > When received as a Digest, Yahoo doesn't include
> > attachments.
> > > If possible, when sending emails to the list that contain
> > > 'only attachments'(or at least very little text), it would help
> > > to include either a brief description of the attachment(s),
> > > or, if suitable, a URL(e.g. to more info).
> > >
> > > At 04:47 AM 2004/03/28,
BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com

Ireland