Subject: Re: Czech stones of all kinds
Date: Mar 28, 2004 @ 20:19
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

http://jove.free.prohosting.com/nemec/luzicke.shtml is
> > a tripoint stone, by the looks of it on CZDE. Near the Elbe river
> > think. Can anyone tell me what kind of tripoint it is?
>

> Well, pic 3 were made from CZ-site the border crossing Hrensko,
river is
> the Elbe, over there the river
> Elbe you can see the German village Schöna
(border
> crossing railway Berlin-Dresden-
> Prag-Wien, border crossing for ships and for
hiking),

> other pics by nicolette.dk, Czech Republik, link
Bahnhof
> Schöna an der Deutsch-
> Tschechischen Grenze (railway station Schöna)
>
> or http://www.lutz-hauptmann.de/cycling/elberadweg/index.php
>

> pic 4 it`s an old TP (since 15. century between the
german town
> Zittau and 2 austrian (since 1918
> CZ) towns. To 1932 the great natur stone was the
border
> stone. All data of the common
> border (Saxony-Austrian) controls until 1848
were made in
> the natural stone with hammer
> and chisel (1657, 1679, 1719 (2*), 1731, 1783).
> 1932 CZ and D built the white granite border
stone.
> In all CZ-maps the name this borderstone is
TROJHRAN
> (CZ-nickname for Three border).
>
> Actual is Trojhran (white borderstone) the 1th
border
> stone of the border sector number
> 4, border division CZ-D (head borderstone)
>
> Many pics and maps are
>
> http://www.luzicke-hory.cz/mist/06/troj_f01.jpg

Thanks a lot. I have read the German explanation at
http://www.luzicke-hory.cz/td06.html and can now pinpoint it on a
map. It is indeed an old, but also a new tripoint. The old tripoint
is between the cities of Zittau, Rumburk, and Zákupy (German name
Reichstadt). These last two cities are the Czech ones, the first one
is German.

Nowadays, it is a secundary tripoint CZDE2LIUSSN (Liberec - Ústí nad
Labem - Saxony). In the text on the website, the names of the Czech
districts are mentioned, but these are tertiary entities. Luckily
(for us), the districts involved are part of different regions.

Peter S.