Subject: Re: Two suggestions for a better forum
Date: Mar 28, 2004 @ 19:15
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

ok & shortening up as much as possible now again
since i agree this is really important

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Patton [DCP]"
> <dpatton@c...> wrote:
> > Hello All.
> >
> > I'm pretty much a lurker here - I post only very occasionally.
> >
> > Because BP isn't my main focus, I've elected to receive the
> > list's messages via a Daily Digest.
> >
> > I have two suggestions that I think would improve this list,
> > both for people who use the Digest option, and for those who
> > either read the list's messages as individual emails, or via
> > the web-based message archive.
> >
> > 1)
> > Please take a moment and trim any unnecessary text from
> > the email to which you are replying.
> > I don't want to suggest that anyone in particular is at
> > fault for this(I'm not familiar enough with all the
> > personalities on the list to make such a suggestion).
> > Below is an example from the most recent Digest - put
> > yourself in my position
>
> hi & thanx
> i do & shall
> & glad to hear from you again
>
> & would like to second your second suggestion here below
first
> as it is an excellent idea in its own right
> to which i would like to add the further suggestion
> being now in your position
> that you take matters into your own hands as well by seeking
any
> otherwise missing attachments at
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.culture.discuss.boundary-point
> since they usually do arrive there & often faster than email

& imo this vitally important fact really should be restored to the
otherwise completely improved boundarypoint boilerplate that
appears atop the bp home page