Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ATHUSK/CZPLSK/ATCZSK border maps
Date: Mar 25, 2004 @ 14:36
Author: Michael Donner ("Michael Donner" <barbaria_longa@...>)

ok jesper thanx i just got this & took a second look at everything

& basically i am encouraged that both you & rolf appear to be indicating wet
prospective tripoint positions
since my hunch is we are indeed looking for a low spot

not positively sure yet tho

also puzzled not to be able to find or even posit the 3 obelisks on the
diagram

also growing dubious as to whether the red hats are direct or indirect
markers
& suggest withholding judgment til the puzzle is solved independently of
them
since we now believe we can

>From: "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@...>
>To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ATHUSK/CZPLSK/ATCZSK border maps
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:28:40 +0100
>
>I have already written to the site authors requesting a better quality
map,
>plus the other tripoints. Still wating patiently.
>
>I am very interested in seeing especially CZPLSK in a better scale, as I
too
>find it difficult too see what's going on, even after being their in
person.
>I don't recall all spots.
>
>Please find enclosed the CZPLSK map with my arrows. The blue arrow shows
the
>angle of which the photo on
>http://pikomat.mff.cuni.cz/fotky/tabor/1996/f01/24hrcava.html was taken.
>
>The red arrow show where I believe I was sitting pointing to the ground
>facing south, which probably is not the tripoint judging from the map.
Looks
>like it's further east. But it's a very difficult tripoint because it's
>inside forest and down a valley. It would have been nice to have known
this
>map before we went there.
>
>Rolf's site gives a good view af all three tp markers at
>http://www.vasa.abo.fi/users/rpalmber/BordersCRPS.htm
>
>picture 1, the PL tp marker left, SK right. Facing south. The crew is
>walking N on the path going up a long the border to the road.
>
>picture 2, closeup on the PL and SK tp markers. I wonder if Mike Kaufman
>noted what the small red hat markers said.
>
>picture 3, closeup of SK marker
>
>picture 5, I think Rolf is wrong here. This is facing S from the TP and
show
>the CZ tp marker. I remember the red hat marker still said CS, so I must
>have been an indirect marker from CSPL.
>
>picture 6, looks very different from mine??
>
>I have a picture facing east from the tripoint (or where I belived it
was).
>Want to see it?
>
>Jesper

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access.
https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/