Subject: Re: ATHUSK/CZPLSK/ATCZSK border maps
Date: Mar 24, 2004 @ 02:14
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> I have already written to the site authors requesting a better
quality map,
> plus the other tripoints. Still wating patiently.
>
> I am very interested in seeing especially CZPLSK in a better
scale, as I too
> find it difficult too see what's going on, even after being their in
person.
> I don't recall all spots.
>
> Please find enclosed the CZPLSK map with my arrows. The
blue arrow shows the
> angle of which the photo on
> http://pikomat.mff.cuni.cz/fotky/tabor/1996/f01/24hrcava.html
was taken.

> The red arrow show where I believe I was sitting pointing to the
ground
> facing south, which probably is not the tripoint judging from the
map. Looks
> like it's further east. But it's a very difficult tripoint because it's
> inside forest and down a valley. It would have been nice to
have known this
> map before we went there.
>
> Rolf's site gives a good view af all three tp markers at
> http://www.vasa.abo.fi/users/rpalmber/BordersCRPS.htm
>
> picture 1, the PL tp marker left, SK right. Facing south. The
crew is
> walking N on the path going up a long the border to the road.
>
> picture 2, closeup on the PL and SK tp markers. I wonder if
Mike Kaufman
> noted what the small red hat markers said.
>
> picture 3, closeup of SK marker
>
> picture 5, I think Rolf is wrong here. This is facing S from the
TP and show
> the CZ tp marker. I remember the red hat marker still said CS,
so I must
> have been an indirect marker from CSPL.
>
> picture 6, looks very different from mine??
>
> I have a picture facing east from the tripoint (or where I belived
it was).
> Want to see it?

yes of course
this is really getting good now
& i didnt mean to be slow about answering
but it is just that my hotmail still hasnt delivered your enclosure

however
the surprise bonus is
when i simply couldnt wait any longer
i discovered that our gmane site does indeed appear to be a
completely effective substitute for individual email delivery
service

so that means anyone like turtle who would rather not be
barraged by individual emails can get the full equivalent at
gmane at will
a fact which i think we should feature more prominently on our
home page
because it represents a further considerable liberation

& this is thanx again to john
who set it all up for us
as you will probably also recall

so 3 cheers again for all these advancements

> Jesper

border maps

> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
> > <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > > http://www.atlaskrajiny.sk/sk/myimages/2_sub_2.jpg
> >
> > these are lovely
> > & i wish their 2 remaining sister diagrams will arrive soon
too

> > of course atczsk is the greatest charmer
> > having been selected as point 2 on gcebe
> > http://www.geocities.com/graenser/tripoints
> > & then again as point 1 on geebe
> > http://www.geocities.com/graenser/geebe/tripoints.htm
> > with some apparent improvement
> >
> > the other diagrams are harder for me to see &or read tho
> >
> > for example could you show on the czplsk diagram
> > where you are situated in the geebe point 2 pic above
> > & where the monuments shown in the link below are
situated