Subject: Re: a funny thing keeps happening on the way to menhus
Date: Mar 18, 2004 @ 17:06
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

well & maybe i will nibble a quibble with you here too
just to keep things light

for tho the confusions are similar
your njny had previously been definitely delineated in favor of nj
so there was really nothing for the supremes to adjudge there
but only an old agreement to revisit
hence that ridiculous & deliciously minute outcome on ellis
island
whereas
our menh here around seavey island has previously only been
indefinitely defined in favor of me
meaning maine

so

unless i am mistaken
& i know it happens
hahaha

either the states plus congress or else the supremes are
imminently forced into motion
to create an original definition for this still indefinite delineation
& thus settle for the first time an already historic original
confusion

& but does this even matter to the ultimate definition of menhus
you may fairly wonder

for it is always well to ask of all offerings here
what do they have to do with anything anyway

& did they in fact reach even the general neighborhood of even
the broad side of our bp barn

& i say yes i think it may matter
especially if we think it may
but i admit this one is a tossup

for the pols &or the supremes could well settle the entire
piscataqua controversy without ever glancing beyond the
breakwater at gosport

in fact i wouldnt put it past them

so
pending all these various & mostly inevitable outcomes
i am preparing to order the nautical chart & run the equidistance
line myself out to the 3mile limits
between the scatterings of outer rocks & islets that can already
be foreseen on this nonnavigational chart
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=42.971&lon=-70.605
especially if you select the large map size

& then afterwards
the 100k topo series at 250k map scale
to see the limits that will need to be reached by their original or
my hypothetical delineation

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
<barbaria_longa@h...> wrote:
> excellent analysis
>
> & of course it was multi wishfully thought from the start here
too

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
> <mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> > I agree that the boundary through Portsmouth Harbor in the
> wide mouth of the
> > Piscataqua River lacks proper demarcation, but any fair
> interpretation of the
> > 1740 royal decree's "Middle of the River" would have to leave
> the naval base on
> > Seavey Island in Maine. There's no comparison between the
> wide, deep channel
> > south of the island and the narrow, shallow, and twice
bridged
> channel north of
> > the island. Just look at the soundings on the topo map!
> >
> > New Hampshire's previous claim to the low water line on the
> north shore (shot
> > down by the Supremes in 2001 without telling us where the
> boundary really is)
> > was clearly based on something other than the
> aforementioned order of George II
> > in council--namely prescription and acquiescence.
> >
> > I suspect that the comedian from Dover, New Hampshire,
who

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/03162004/news/5522.htm

> [...]
have
> > > been