Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Bar divided betw. US + CA + GNABE ?why not?
Date: Mar 15, 2004 @ 04:55
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

You're right on many counts, Peter. And, of course, we all appreciate
your hard work organizing.
GCEBE, GEEBE, GBBE and the upcoming 2005 version -- Thanks! Without
your hard work,
many of us would have never met, much less hoisted the odd pint in
Belgium, Austria, Denmark,
Estonia, Russia, Ukraine, Serbia, etc etc etc. Maybe "B" is for beer,
not border.

You are right about the current US-CA climate. I think that a van
load of multi-national tourists
would be something that would be hard to explain to some border guards.
For this trip, we would
definitely need official paperwork from the US and Canadian governments.

Today was a sunny day in Vancouver -- so I headed to Centennial beach
-- on the eastern
side of Boundary Bay -- and accidently crossed into US territory (Point
Roberts) by a foot or two.
Ooops! The lady friend that was with me didn't want to do a jig around
the nautical marker... but I
did it anyway.

That's this weekend's border story...

On Sunday, March 14, 2004, at 12:33 AM, Peter Hering wrote:

> No, I'm not shaking my head...:-) I'm just having fun...and
> would LOVE to see YOU guys organizing it !!!
>
> WHY NOT?!!! Remember dear GCEBE, GEEBE and GBBE mates, we HAVE
> been talking about this new option - but the problem right now
> is TIME...when to carry it out??...AND:
>
> imo, the political climate at the US-CA border isn't the most
> healthy one at the moment, right now we could anticipate pro-
> blems with border officers and harrassment...
>
> ...so let's just postpone the idea for let's say 2-3 years...!
> But one thing's for sure: I'm IN!
>
> have a nice Sunday - springtime regards (YES, sunshine and 6-7
> degrees C..!!) from good old Europe, where everybody is shaken because
> 'of our own sept.11 - this time March 11 in Madrid...:-(( !!
>
> Peter Hering
>

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray <doug@d...> wrote:
> > Border Expedition experience tells us that planning doesn't mean
> beans
> > to borderfreaks.  I'm sure expedition mastermind Peter Hering must
> > shake his head at us

<image.tiff>