Subject: Re: Bar divided betw. US + CA
Date: Mar 15, 2004 @ 04:24
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

well whatever you may or may not have changed
fortunately it is all still here below to check

& if you really do want to know the truth
then why not spell out & measure up your full itinerary as it is
rather than just the approximate fly by mileages for some of it

& likewise why not actually estimate the parts you cant spell out
rather than shrugging them off with a vague plus sign
as such variables can be guesstimed fairly well from experience

until you do
i can only continue to imagine we might be talking about the
same trip
& to continue to figure it very crudely as follows

vancouver to beaver creek to hyder to vancouver is 3600 miles

vancouver to international falls to detroit to niagara to estcourt to
campobello to bangor all direct is 4000 miles

& tho you claim this 4000 takes account of all the stops
i dont see how it can
because many of them involve substantial side trips

indeed the dozen or so mentioned destinations that are not on
this direct route add perhaps 1200 miles by my own wild guess

serendipity & unplanned necessity & mistakes etc add perhaps
another 700 miles
or more

so my grand total thus far is perhaps 9500 miles or more
which may not be so very different from what you are calling
7540 miles plus
perhaps without fully realizing just how big that plus must be

btw
last time i tried
it wasnt possible to rent a driveaway dropoff either to or from
alaska
so that may not actually be an option for you either

perhaps you could do it in whitehorse
but
for the same economic reasons
i wouldnt count on it