Subject: Re: BYUARU
Date: Mar 04, 2004 @ 09:40
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> also message 9854
> for excellent pix
> plus a link to background info on ruua in general
> which effectively confirms what this map shows
>
> for it indicates that the former soviet administrative borders have
> neither been changed nor upgraded
>
> & thus this monument
> unlike some other soviet ceremonial tripoint monuments
> must be considered the actual tripoint marker
> unless & until there are further developments &or clarification

I am still not convinced, since I've read a decree issued by the
Byelorussian government on the talks to be held between BY, RU, and
UA about the tripoint ( http://pravo2000.by.ru/baza10/d09206.htm ).
It states explicitely that a tripoint marker will be placed. How
then? On top of the monument?

Peter S.