Subject: Re: cnkpru - more pictures
Date: Feb 20, 2004 @ 15:29
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

hahahaha etc
for this one is really even funnier than cnpk mike

but it is you who have your brains crossed here
as i will explain at length below

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman
<mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> You say:
> & i also agree it isnt clear whether the joint zone
> extends all the way
> to the korean bank
> nor does it apparently matter to the russians
> who have no such condo with korea
> nor does it apparently matter for tripointing &or
> trilining purposes
> --> But this is not at all accurate. While the
> location of CNKP-KP-RU may not be in question, the
> locations and angles of its vectors certainly are.

wait
there is a tripartite text indicating the vectors of the tripoint are
the thalweg & the sight line between markers 1 & 2

also that the triline extends from this point to marker 1

also that marker 1 itself marks the other end of the triline & thus
itself marks a second tripoint

& finally we have seen a bipartite text that gives the geocoords of
the midriver tripoint
& we have recent news of a second bipartite text that also gives the
geocoords for this point
presumably the same geocoords

thus we apparently have all vectors & confirmed positions for the
triline & both of its terminal tripoints

& thats why i said it this way

nor does it nor i at all disagree with what you have added here below
until my next insertion

> Most people are interested in knowing what the
> tripoint looks like, which country has which percent
> of the tripoint (in terms of angles). In Jack's book,
> he shows three simplified configurations on page iii.
> People like to visualize the point in terms of the
> surrounding territory.
> If you want to say that this is not needed for
> tripointing purposes

i did not say that nor do i want to say that

please read again what i did say

, then:
> 1. We would have no need to talk about tripointing
> stitches since they don't affect the point itself,
> only one of the lines which come together to form the
> point.
> 2. We would also have no need to discuss things like
> which country has the smallest angular slice of a
> tripoint, since only the point matters, not the angles
> of the vectors.
> 3. All of our tries would have to be presented
> without the "extraneous" information. Maps, pitcures,
> etc - only showing 1 pixel centered on the point
> itself, since the border-vectors composing them
> apparently don't matter as you say.

hahahahahaha
it is a funny picture i admit
but it is not what i said nor say
nor what i meant

& you dont really disagree
you only got your brains crossed
hahahahaha

> Additionally, if the condo is the entire river, it
> creates a (right angle) corner of CNKP that would not
> exist if the condo is only half of the river. Corners
> are often talked about in this forum, including by
> you. So unless we can find out the exact dimensions
> of the condo are we won't know if this corner exists
> or not.

again please wait

i believe we do know this corner & point & all its vectors do exist
by virtue of the data i reviewed above

i agree there is a question as to the full size of the cnkp condo
& even a question as to whether it actually exists
but the unknown composition of that known vector you are referring to
here does not actually affect the position of the triline or either
of its end points

it only affects the composition of one of the vectors of one of the
end points

& so to that extent i do agree with you that it may be marginally &
tangentially relevant to part of the triline question
if indeed there proves to be a real condo & a real triline

but of course it will be irrelevant to the tripoint question if not

& again i like & agree with what follows