Subject: Re: American ghost tripoints
Date: Feb 08, 2004 @ 14:03
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

fantastic research by you here again lowell
for you have indeed narrowed the ephemerality of the de jure
1783esgbus1783 tripoint at 31st & miss down to a matter of hours on a
single day

more below

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus" <
mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> On third reading, I now understand your question (I think).
>
> I don't know which treaty, whether, ESGB or GBUS, was signed earlier on
> September 3, 1783, nor how many minutes apart they were. Falconer mentions EGGB
> and GBUS in adjacent paragraphs in that order, but who can say whether he
> mentioned them chronologically?

van zandt can & evidently does say & conclude that this is the correct
chronological order also

on p24 of bus&ss76 he says

in 1783 by the treaty of peace with the united states at the end of the
revolution
great britain reduced the area of west florida by the cession of that
portion north of the 31st parallel to the united states

in the same year
he continues
she gave east florida & what remained of west florida to spain
etc
etc

& i believe his saying here
what remained of west florida
is the tipoff as to the true sequence of the 2 cessions

& if anyone finds it hard to accept this inference of mine
i would direct them to the place on p2 of bus&ss76 where he declares
flat out that the book is indeed presented as a reference for those who
dont care to take the time to go to original source material

& this claim by van zandt of being in effect an authoritative digest
should be taken to heart i think not only in the present case but in
all cases where one is inclined to take issue with him

so i say yesss
i do get this momentary & evanescent 1783esgbus1783 tripoint
thanx to your corroboration here
as well as its sequel or reincarnation also at 31st & miss
the 1800esfrus1803 tripoint
which you have already corroborated

& this 1 or these 2
depending on whether & how you see it or them
plus the 1836mxtxus1845
do now fully appear to be all she wrote
of de jure tricountry ghosts in the usa