Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: cnkpru - more pictures
Date: Feb 07, 2004 @ 07:20
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@yahoo.com>)

Witness marker 1 (aka CN-RU 423): We know this is
exactly on the CN-RU boundary and is exactly on the
point where CN-RU hits the CNKP condo (CN-CNKP-RU).
So why is CNKP-KP-RU the official "state boundary
meeting point of the three countries" (article 1,
section 2 of the treaty in message 12459)? Doesn't
CN-CNKP-RU have just as much the same tripoint status
since it is one of the 2 terminal points of the
CNKP-RU triline?
Also - I am unclear on the condo in this regard: Is
the CNKP condo the entire river (1 in diagram) or just
half of the river on the Chinese side (2 in diagram).
I mean we know the triline only goes out to the middle
of the main channel of the river, but couldn't a
CNKP-KP line continue after that?
-Mike