Subject: Re: Texas panhandle - 3 miles into New Mexico(?)
Date: Jan 07, 2004 @ 17:52
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "kontikipaul"
<contikipaul@h...> wrote:
> Texas and Vermont, upon once both being independant countries and
> joining the Union were both given the right to leave the Union. I'm
> not a constitutional expert but its what I was taught in school and
> what I read in the encyclopedia. I don't double check every single
> fact or statement I hear and I doubt anyone does. My president
sold
> me on a war against a sovereign nation based on an imminent threat
> and weapons of mass destruction that have turned out to be BS. But
> that doesn't mean I disbelieve (or believe) everything I hear.
Who's
> to say your facts or interpretations are correct. Van Zandts
> arguments may be 100 percent correct.
>
> By the way we sold about 15 islands/atolls/coral reefs that were
> partially awash last year to Kiribati that nobody knew existed and
> gave away another 5 or six to Russia to settle a border dispute.
So
> its happened before. A more realistic question is the Commonwealth
> of the Northern Marianas Islands (ie Saipan) are they part of the
> US?

not really
as they consider themselves & are generally considered an independent
country
albeit with a special relationship to the usa

perhaps vaguely comparable to the special relationship liechtenstein
enjoys with switzerland
or monaco with france
etc
tho of course the particulars are all different in every such case

They have the right of abode here, they can join the FBI, I