Subject: Re: New Cyprus tripoints uncovered
Date: Jan 06, 2004 @ 22:12
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

very nice

so these sure look & sound like the real article

we just hadnt seen good enough maps til now

indeed these finds & reports throw our entire de facto multipoint
topology of cyprus such as it was completely out the window

or rather perhaps they just multiply & complicate it manyfold

but then
how many tripoints do you suppose we are really talking about in all
here

ah yes but of course first we need to understand the purple & dashed
green lines better then dont we
as distinct from the actual green line

which is shown how
if at all

perhaps in purple

ok i will be patient

hmm so who can explain this all

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell <knm@m...> wrote:
> Jesper,
>
> >On the lovely detailed Nicosia map there are several such
tripoints, and
> >it's very surprising to find a greek-turkish boundary outside the
buffer zone.

> It's not completely clear from the map, but I would think the most
obvious
> tripoint is at the Roccas bastion where the Turkish and Greek
sectors are
> only separated by the height of the city walls, and abut against
the UN
> zone at the Paphos Gate. There is a park on the Roccas bastion
(located in
> the Turkish sector) which overlooks the road in the Greek sector
that leads
> to the Ledra Palace crossing.
>
> >or at least the rear wall was "smack up" to the Turkish sector.
Actually