Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] New Cyprus tripoints uncovered
Date: Jan 06, 2004 @ 22:18
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

I like Roccas bastion as well. You could get a good look at the Holy Cross
Church there, but the presence Turkish soldiers was blocking my chance for a
photo.

Here is a close up of Roccas Bastion, Paphos Gate and the Holy Cross Church:
http://www.nicolette.dk/diverse/roccas.jpg

From the map the buffer zone it does look like another cykkun* tripoint
just at Paphos Gate and that the buffer zone is running entirely on CY side.

The Holy Cross church IS entirely inside the buffer zone but the rear end
touches KK side. From Roccas it looked like there were a building anexted at
the back. It was impossible to walk along the road at the back of the
church, it was behind Turkish lines.

Jesper

I have chosen kk as ISO code for Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (Kuzey
Kibris Türk Cumhuriyeti) as everything else was already taken.