Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: cnkpru 1:200.000
Date: Dec 04, 2003 @ 06:58
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

Yes - that's why I said the "suggested BR-UY condo."

Part 7 of this study is pretty much the author's view
on what should/could be done to resolve the conflict.
His idea is shown in the map in that section,
including the community of waters ("comunidade das
aguas Brasil/Uruguai" in Portuguese). So here he is
suggesting a condominium. In English below is the
translation of the last paragraph of Part 7
(Las...terrestre):

"The waters to the south of Isla Brasilera, in
agreement established in the Juridical Statute - 1933,
in its Article XXI, are waters in the rule/government
of "Alveo" (= Mother of the River), or it (can
possibly) be a community of waters in which the
jurisdiction of each (country) of the river bank
reaches up to the opposite river bank but without
reaching/overtaking its (the other country's)
terrestrial/land part."

What's interesting is this Article XXI which claims
the waters are under the jurisdiction of the "Mother
of the River." I did not see any reference to this
anywhere else in the document. Maybe a potential
enclave of Everyone's Land? :)

-Mike K.