Subject: Re: Many-adjoined county
Date: Dec 03, 2003 @ 01:27
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

> And here's my map of which counties I've visited:
> http://www.mob-rule.com/counties/adamvillani-all.gif
>
> Adam

interesting configuration you have

& fun to see once again how traveling in the west seems grander than
traveling in the east

long ago i kept a similar map on my wall & faithfully colored in all
my new counties also
tho with different colors for each new trip
so one could follow it as something of a progression

until it became hopelessly cluttered & confused

& substantially filled in

especially in the west

yet most of my travels were actually in the east

then i bought my first car

this was before the days of interstate highways btw

& tho my map is long since lost
& i have long since stopped counting
i would guess i have by now visited easily 3039
& maybe even as many as 3100
of the 3139 units

but it can only be a guess

so if you care
be sure to hang on to your map
because if you ever lose it
you may be surprised how hard it is to positively remember or
identify many of your particular counties

unless you just rode the freeways

or can somehow recall your every stray detour & whimsical digression
many decades later

which of course i cant do very well even for last week