Subject: Re: Oklahoma / Texas Border - River Borders
Date: Dec 03, 2003 @ 02:08
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "voit1" <voit1@a...> wrote:
> The Texas border stops at the "southern" edge of the Red River. I
> have heard conflicting information about the start of the Oklahoma
> border. I have heard that the OK border start in the center of the
> river with the space between the OK and TX borders being some Coast
> Guard controled federal something or other... seems odd... any
> thoughts?

yes indeed
i have just recalled something about this from bus&ss
but my copy is out in the truck a few blocks from here

i think you are referring to a point not on oktx but actually on artx

in fact the point where the survey sector of this state line meets
its riverine sector
not far north of texarkana
aka txne or rather txen
the northernmost point of the texas east line

but perhaps someone else can find the passage before i can find my
parking place