Subject: Re: NW corner TX panhandle
Date: Nov 16, 2003 @ 19:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

in case you dont want to wade thru the following message 10429
i am happy to confirm from visual examination of the fence lines that
the northwest corner of the texas panhandle does not in fact reach
the highway
nor even the paved shoulder of the highway
with about 8 feet to spare

& it is just a simple ordinary 2 lane highway with a very wide fenced
right of way
only half of which is mown

txnw does fall just on the fairway side of the rough line
& is in fact only about 30 feet from the road center line
so it is understandable that the monument might have been removed or
destroyed

but yikes it never occurred to me to dig for the underground marker
sheesh

also
in truth i must report i just discovered at topozone that my recent
txne try was a muff too
hahaha

what i found was an oktx monument about 1000 feet west of true txne

then
i neglected to mention
i slithered west from there along an oktx road for awhile
fishtailing & spraying mud into both states alternately
perhaps dozens of oscillations per mile
trying to balance my panhandles

so anyway happily we still have somewhere to go on both of the texas
north corners

& at the same time & perhaps no less interesting might be a search
for txn
the northernmost point of texas
which i also failed to find