Subject: Re: guymon ok
Date: Nov 16, 2003 @ 18:52
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

well jack i recalled your mentioning the highpointers had restored
this pseudocoksok manhole cover thing to the geographically correct
orientation at the time
but i wanted to leave a clue for any aspiring young trypointer coming
upon this curious object for the first time
that there was more here than meets the eye

as you know
it took us many years & revisits to even surmise this underground
dimension
which after all is the only legal & permanent tripoint marker

man i almost didnt even see the manhole cover itself the first time i
went looking for it
but had to unearth most of it too

however
yesterday the roads were slick & i got blocked by some workmen & then
lost etc
which got me to thinking
it really isnt my responsibility to make it easier for the younger
generation or newcomers in general

on the contrary

let them earn it the old fashioned way with some good hard play of
their own too

to make it easier for them would be cheating them of all that fun

so i blew it off & headed for txnw

to be continued

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "jparsell" <jparsell@n...>
wrote:
> Mike,
>
> You probably will find the Manhole cover in the correct orientation
(not
> backwards). In Sept 2002
> the Highpointers group popped it, dipped out 40 or 50 gal of water,
scooped
> out the mud and sand,
> polished the marker in the hole and put the cover back on in the
correct
> position. I don't remember
> what position it was in before this exercise. Better pick up an
old gallon
> milk jug that you can cut off
> for a dipper if you want to check the marker.
>
> Jack

Service.