Subject: Re: new wrinkles dept
Date: Oct 22, 2003 @ 18:24
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I was about to provide you with a useful "hand copy or tracing,"
but I see that
> Peter has found a much more useful and detailed map.
>
> The boundary shown on my map agrees with Peter's, except
that it shows the line
> continuous through the strait from the Sea of Azov out to the
Black Sea.

ok well then thanxx again to both of you
we can at least visualize the general advance of the russian dam
now toward & perhaps across what still appears to be an
indefinite de facto border

maybe it is just a median line
whether by design or default or tradition

my original topological questions tho
about the territorial shapes & tripoints
do appear to have evaporated into a large continuous
indefiniteness
partly divided by another but lesser indefiniteness

in other words it is all open ended
& nothing can be completely enclosed

no wonder ukraine is worried

meanwhile
http://www.russiajournal.com/news/cnews-article.shtml?nd=409
63
& another russian source reduces the gap from 232 meters
down to only 100 meters as of today

note also that if you change the 098 in the url of peters map to an
097 you pan 1 quad to the west & complete the view of the entire
kerch narrows

> The new Russian dike in question undoubtedly extends from
the mainland that lies