Subject: Re: Second division divided island
Date: Oct 11, 2003 @ 18:46
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

yes less island because less isolated & less insular
so it can simply be a matter of degrees &or effects

but also
if a bridge physically attaches an island to some other place
that makes it less of an island in the absolute sense as well

for example key west can justly claim to contain the
southernmost point in the continental united states
but thanx only to the series of bridges that connect it with the
continent

still that doesnt mean you cant eat your cake & have it too

key west also proclaims itself an island paradise

& just paradise too

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> Is a bridged island a less island?