Subject: Re: river banks and island boundaries
Date: Oct 06, 2003 @ 04:45
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
<lnadybal@c...> wrote:
> Hi, Brendan,
>
> Try:
> New Jersey v. Delaware, 291 US 361-85 (in the 1930s)
> Webster-Ashburton Treaty, US-Canada, Aug 8, 1842
> GB-NL Convention of Mar 26, 1928 re: Borneo under British
Protectorate
> and Netherlands territory on the island.
> Alabama v. Georgia, 23 How 515, May 1, 1860 & (on same
issue) Hindson
> v. Ashby, J.P., Vol 60 (1896), p. 487 and Vermont v. New York
> (interpreting King of England decision of Jul 20, 1764 re:
border up
> to 45-degrees lat in a bay.
>
> Try also, with specific reference to islands in rivers:
> GB-Portugal Agmt of Nov 6-30, 1911 re border two
possessions on the
> Ruo and Shure rivers, BFSP, Vol 104, p 194
> Soviet-Polish treaty of 15Feb61 UNTS v420 p161
> Geogria v So Carolina 217 US 516 (1919-22)
> Russia-Turkey Treaty of Adrianople (date unk)
> Re: change of sovereignty of islands btw Turkey-Persia Nov 4,
1913.
> Grover Cleveland award Feb 5, 1895 relating to the
Argentina-Brazil
> border overing 53 islands in the Uurugay river and over 5
islands in
> the Iguazu river btw. Brazil and Argentina.
> Austria-Sardo (Modena) Boundary treaty of Aug 8, 1849,
covering what
> happens in that case when two islands each under separate
sovereignty
> in a border river join.
> Louisiana v. Mississippi, US Supreme Court, 202 U.S. 1
(extension of a
> border to the sea across an island).
> See also Boggs, International Boundaries, Columbia Univ
Press 1940,
> page 191.

hahahahaha
nice tries len
& are you sure you even understood what brendan actually
meant & requested this time either
hahaha

fortunately what he actually asked is attached below

& the quest or request for an exhaustive list of riparian
boundaries at least is pretty clear even if utterly chimerical
i mean unless someone actually rounds them all up from
scratch
which admittedly might be fun
& which you have apparently started to do here with denj & alga

but the list of riparian state lines in the usa alone must run to at
least a dozen
just offhand
nhvt mdva mdwv dcva ohwv kyoh inky ilky oktx artx etc
without even starting to look for international cases

& how you figure any or all these refs above could actually fulfill
any of the 3 requests actually made below i dont yet see
tho i grant they all might be possible or connected in your mind
& i dont doubt brendan could turn up again at any moment with
another long story to further confuse er i mean elucidate these
questions too

or yikes maybe he will just go back & ask his original questioner
because the original question may matter in this case more than
what was transmitted to us here
by the very peculiar & specific formulation & example provided
even if it is still unclear exactly what it is an example of

but for now it just strikes me as as a highly entertaining parody of
our delightfully free q&a format
& i thought you & others might get a laugh out of a closer look too
assuming anyone is actually paying attention

> Hope these are good leads.
>
> Also, in the matter of the D-Lux condo, the 1816 treaty between
> Prussia and NL provided that their borders would generally be
> condominiums UNLESS another treaty provided other
arrangements. Thus,
> it may be that the D-Lux condo is a "holdover" - a stretch of river
> for which no other arrangements were ever made, or for which
> arrangements were made and then reversed, possibly by the
Versailles
> Treaty when it didn't undid provisions of later treaties (i.e., 1847
> and newer) but not of the earlier 1816 treaty. A lot of
conjecture,

<bwhyte@u...> wrote:
> > A recent query from a colleague.
> >
> > I am wondering whether anyone can assist me with the
following matters: