Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Shortest border??
Date: Sep 15, 2003 @ 21:11
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Okay, Mike. I understand what you're saying. You're speaking of the practical,
in the here-and-now. I was thinking more of a theoretical definition that would
stand the test of time. I probably wouldn't disagree with your list, although I
haven't seen it. I knew that Switzerland had recently given in and joined the
UN, but I didn't realize that there wasn't still a handful of other
independently-minded holdouts among the family of nations.

There are so many different degrees and gradations of country-ness that a solid
definition is hard to construct, but I think we all know a country when we see
one, and it's relatively easy to weed out the dependencies from among the
independencies.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA