Subject: Re: BoundaryPoint and borders
Date: Sep 04, 2003 @ 10:10
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m06079"
<barbaria_longa@h...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jan S. Krogh"
> <jan.krogh@t...> wrote:
> > I think you have misunderstood, Mike.
> > IBRG is not a sister group to BP.
>
> oh ok
> hahahaha
> jan i really thought you said it was
> hahaha
> thats fine tho
> i still wish you the very best with it
> whatever you now say it is for
> & i promise not to try to skyjack it ever again

ok jan here is how i think our comical misunderstanding arose

when you first announced & i first congratulated you upon the
creation of your new group in message 9354
you were expressly featuring it as a subdivision of bp for those
who like border expeditions

& since bp is already for those who like multipoint expeditions
well i just assumed from that echo alone but also from your
major purpose as also expressed there
of organizing & collecting border info
that ibrg was intended among other things to complement &
dovetail with the organizing & collecting of multipoint info that
occurs at bp

a match made in heaven i figured

then for months afterwards
based substantially on that assumption or mistaken impression
we did promote ibrg very aggressively on the bp home page as a
companion group or related group
or some such wording i think you & we were calling it by then

& now you say well it is only very distantly related if at all

& i say well thats fine too

but the misunderstanding was not mine alone
since you have gradually but surely changed the signals on us
& are now evidently denying at least part of your originally
expressed intention & relationship to bp

so it is easy to see how someone who wasnt following all that
as closely & expectantly as i was might for example get the
impression that i was wanting to skyjack your group

but with all the data in view
such a preposterous scenario was clearly not the case

nevertheless
hahaha
i still do believe it would be great for your group
hahahaha
seriously
but i do understand it isnt my place to even suggest that to you